Last time we went over some accessories. This time more meat. I needed to sand the vains off since the arms will be painted black to match his traditional suit. I used a dremel and then I wet sanded with 1500 grade called "black ice".
My big thing is the inclusion of revoltech joints. I love them. And they went in here swimmingly. same procedure as usuale. Dremeled out a semi- circle and then drilled a whole for the peg.
Next I decided, Snake eyes needs grenades and they need to be detachable. So I started with one of these.
I made this ninja pouch which I wanted to be adheared to his back belt when the sword isnt' their Al'a Naruto. So...
Now I have made holsters out of foamy and I liked them but, I wanted something that looked sleek and was low profile and light. So I had been kicking around an idea about craft ribbon. Then someone on figurerealm ( I forget who) dropped by one of my threads and mentioned he used craft ribbon and it made my mind up. I would try this.
After sizing it I cut out a pattern for the design I wanted to incorporate, BUT before I sowed this bad boy up I added one more Integrale factor!
( using a rotary tool.) As a backer to add substance and rigidity and to house...
anyway, THATS RIGHT! MAGNETS! Cause aside from revoltech...the only thing I use more is magnets. When it comes to magnets I'm like whores to the crue. I just can't help myself.
When it all comes together...we are left with a whole lot of awesomeness.
On the next liver quivering episode of Automatauntaun Customs!