Of all the DC characters, their aren't many I like as much as Batman (especially the New 52 one!) and the Blue Beetle ( Ted Kord to be specific, not all about that new mystical beetle. I know he's the poor mans Batman but thats exactly why he rocks so hard. Also his awesome friendship with Booster Gold.)
But this bad boy is right up their with them!
Johna Hex is awesome. Hands down one of those cool characters that almost no one knows is a DC property? Sadly a lot of artests didn't embrace his ugliness? making him just look silly with one bulging eye and the "Mouth strand"
Up till the movie.
The casting of Josh Brolan was brilliant! he looked the prat and his gritty portral of a older fellow ( I was so worried they would make him like....20 or something.) made so much sense.
The movie look was amazing, a marriage of all the best things about the character. Plus a infusion of new parts. Only one thing they added was not so good...
Oh, I'm sorry I seem to have confused an unflattering picture of Hillary Clinton drinking beer, a photo of Failed presidential candidate John McCain, and Jaws actor Robert Shaw for That cock bearded Ass Hat Megan Fox...I don't think anyone will notice.
All that aside, I got the movie figure in a trade and loved the way it looked! Save that it lacked a whole lot of articulation.
Other then that it had a near perfect movie likeness! So I set about disassembling it.
I started by picking a base. I chose the loki body form the Marvel legends 13 onslaught series, being it looked like ruffled clothing with cowboy boots. The first issue I face was these arms?! They were pegs?!
So I made a make shift/ peg hole system to fit into the torso. I had no aves at the time so I went about this with Sculpy that I boiled. The next step was hardening the sculpy. In my experience Sculpy has the tendency to crack...So I coated every part of these in glue after fully letting them set. Even the inside. This also aded in making for a snug fit between the peg and the hole.
Next I cracked open the torso and went about sanding the shoulder joint receiver out of existence.
This was so I could glue my nice new receiver joints into place.
I then sanded the receivers to fit into each sides respective place. Leaving them course enough that they would form a bond with the body.
The end result may not be pretty but...
It works! and allows the coat to fit over nicely.
The next step was stripping the old figure of some of its detail. SO i wanted to keep the front and top of the torso's sculpting work. So i cut them off and shaved them down to fit on the Loki torso.
I also shaved down loki's top half to fit this in place.
This was my first mock up after the arm pegs were in. The top was not yet glued together cause I needed to see if it looked like he was to tall.
This is the end result.
"LADY IN BLUE!"